- Yields: 16 to 20 servings or 2 large steam table pans
- Preparation: 70 minutes
Classic Rosé Sauce
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp (10mL) dried oregano, leaves
- 2 tsp (10mL) basil, dried leaves
- 1 cup (250mL) dry white wine
- 6 cups tomatoes, crushed
- 3 cups (750mL) GAY LEA - 35% Cream
- 1 cup (250mL) IVANHOE Pure Romano Grated Cheese, grated
- ½ cup (125mL) fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 2 lbs (1Kg) mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 4 lbs (2Kg) chicken breast, sliced
- 3/4 cups (175mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Unsalted, divided (approx.)
- 12 cups (3L) baby spinach
- 1 batch (2L) classic rosé sauce
- 18 cups (4.5L) cooked pasta such as penne, hot
- 4 cups (1L) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ cups (375mL) IVANHOE Pure Romano Grated Cheese
- ½ cup (125mL) fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves
InstructionsClassic Rose Sauce
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, oregano and basil. Cook for 5 minutes or until fragrant. Add wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Add tomatoes; simmer for 15 minutes until thickened slightly. Stir in cream until warmed through. Remove from the heat; stir in Romano cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper (adjust to taste). Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Replace the white wine with chicken broth for an alcohol-free sauce.
- Sauté mushrooms and chicken in butter as needed until browned. Toss pasta with the mushrooms, chicken, spinach and sauce until well combined. (Adjust the consistency as needed with hot pasta water.)
- Transfer to two large steam table pans. Toss breadcrumbs with Romano cheese, parsley, garlic, and 1/2 cup (125 mL) melted butter; sprinkle over pasta. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 20 to 30 minutes until bubbling and golden. Serve immediately.