- Yields: 16
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 4 cups (1L) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 18% Thick
- 4 cups (1L) GAY LEA - Cottage Cheese 4%
- 2 cups (500mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 4 cups (1L) IVANHOE - Nothing But Cheese Cheddar
- 1/4 cup (60mL) oil
- 3 tbsp (45mL) garlic, purée
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- 2 lbs (1Kg) brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 8 shallots, halved
- 1 lb (500g) cream cheese, plain, brick-style softened
- 1/2 cup (125mL) grainy mustard
- 2 lbs (1Kg) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (250mL) green onions, finely chopped
- endive leaves
- pita breads, cut into wedges and toasted
- Whisk together oil, garlic purée, salt and pepper; toss with Brussels sprouts and shallots. Transfer to baking sheet; roast in 425°F (220°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown at edges. Let cool completely. Slice each Brussels sprout into ribbons and finely chop shallots.
- Beat sour cream with cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cottage cheese, Parmesan and mustard. Fold in Brussels sprouts and shallot mixture, bacon and green onions. Portion into eight shallow, heatproof serving dishes. (Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.)
- Per serving: Bake each dish for about 10 minutes or until heated through and bubbling around the edges. Crush 1/2 cup (125 mL) Nothing But Cheese pieces into large crumbles and scatter through center of dish. Serve with endive leaves and toasted pita wedges.
- Omit the bacon for a vegetarian dip.