- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation: 65 minutes
- 5 uncooked never fail pie crust
- 10 tbsp (150mL) flour
- 5 tsp (25mL) salt
- 3 3/4 cups (950mL) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 5 cups (1.25L) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 14%
- 5 tsp (25mL) vanilla
- 10 cups (2.5L) apples
- 1 2/3 cups (375mL) brown sugar
- 1 2/3 cups (375mL) flour
- 5 tsp (25mL) cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups (250mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 14%
- 5 cups (1.25L) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Unsalted, softened
- 10 cups (2.5L) flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Sift together 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour, salt and sugar. Add egg, sour cream and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Combine sliced apples with batter and pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake for 15 minutes at 400°F (200°C), then for 30 minutes at 350°F (180°C). Mix together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter until mixture is fine and crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over pie and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
- Pie is best served chilled.
Never Fail Pie Crust:
- Combine flour and butter, add sour cream and mix. Refrigerate dough for 10-15 minutes. Roll dough out to 1/4" thickness. Line greased 9"/23cm pie dish.
- Excellent source of vitamin A and folate.