- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 30 minutes (+ churning time and 6 hours freezing time)
- 1/4 cup (60mL) GAY LEA - Butter Solids-Unsalted, melted
- 1/2 cup (125mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lime juice
- 8 cups (2L) pineapple, chopped
Sour Cream Ice Cream
- 8 cups (2L) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 18% Thick
- 4 cups (1L) GAY LEA - 10% Coffee Cream
- 3 cups (750mL) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 3 cups (750mL) GAY LEA - Real Whipped Cream- Regular
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) gingersnap cookies, crumbled
- Whisk together sugar, butter and lime juice; toss with pineapple; transfer to shallow hotel pan. Roast in 450°F (230°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and saucy. Let cool completely. (Can be transferred to container, covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.)
- Whisk together sour cream, cream, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt until well combined. In batches, process in blender until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Transfer to ice cream maker; churn according to manufacturer’s directions. Freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm.
- Layer 1 cup (250 mL) ice cream and 3/4 cup (175 mL) roasted pineapple (2 layers each) in tall sundae glass. Garnish with 1/4 cup (60 mL) whipped cream and 2 tbsp (30 mL) crumbled cookies.
- Let ice cream sit at room temperature for a few minutes before scooping and gently warm pineapple before layering.