- Yields: 20 roll-ups
- Preparation: 50 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1/4 cups (300mL) green peppers, diced
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) red peppers, diced
- 1 1/4 cups (300mL) green onion, chopped
- 40 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted, approx.
- 20 large whole wheat flour tortilla (10-inch)
- 1 1/4 cup (300mL) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 14%, approx.
- 4 cups (1L) monterey jack jalapeño shredded cheese
- Toss the tomatoes with the peppers and green onion until combined. Reserve, tightly covered, for up to 2 days.
- Melt 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) butter in a small (6-inch/15 cm) nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Whisk 2 eggs with a pinch each salt and pepper. Add to the skillet; stir for 30 seconds. Sprinkle 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable mixture over eggs. Cover and cook, without stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until set. (If making ahead, transfer to a tray to cool completely before assembling roll-ups.)
- Lay out the tortilla and spread evenly with 1 tbsp (15 mL) sour cream. Arrange omelet in the centre and sprinkle with 1/4 cup (50 mL) cheese. Fold in the sides and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 20 roll ups. (Roll ups can be prepared ahead, wrapped and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.)
- To prepare: Preheat a panini press or sandwich grill. Toast the wrap for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. (Alternatively, toast on both sides on a grill or in a skillet.) Garnish with additional sour cream, salsa and green onions.