- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- ¼ cups (60mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted, melted
- 24 slices SALERNO - Halloumi Cheese, 3/8-inch (0.9 cm) thick
- ¼ cup (60mL) olive oil
- 12 slices sourdough bread, 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 6 avocadoes, small, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup (250mL) micro greens
- 1 tsp (5mL) fresh pepper, cracked
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) red onion, medium, finely diced
- ¾ cup (180mL) jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely diced
- ¼ cup (60mL) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- Combine melted butter and olive oil in small bowl. Brush Halloumi slices on both sides with some of the butter mixture. On a flat top, fry both sides until golden. Brush both sides of the bread with remaining butter mixture. Fry both sides of the bread until golden brown and crisp.
- To serve, spread each slice of bread with avocado, 2 slices of prepared halloumi cheese and two generous tablespoons of salsa. Sprinkle with micro greens and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients for salsa in a medium bowl and set aside.