- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 4 pkgs (330g) SALERNO - Halloumi Cheese, cut into 28 sticks, each 7-x 4-inch (18 x 10 cm)
- 2 cups (500mL) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 18% Thick
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2mL) chipotle powder
- 24 soft flour tacos
- 4 cups (500mL) iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups (500mL) guacamole
- 1 cup (125mL) fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 limes, juiced
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- Mix flour and chipotle powder in a large bowl.
- Toss 6 halloumi sticks in flour mixture and deep fry (fryer set to 350°F /180°C) for 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and crisp.
- Place a portion of salsa in the center of each taco shell, top with 3 halloumi sticks, lettuce, a dollop of sour cream and guacamole and a sprinkle of chopped coriander.
- In large bowl, combine all salsa ingredients; set aside.
- To make a meal size portion, serve 3 tacos with Mexican rice.