- Yields: 48 appetizers
- Preparation: 85 minutes
- 1 egglightly beaten
- 1 cup (250mL) blue cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup (175mL) walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted, melted
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250mL) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Unsalted, softened
- coarse salt
- Using electric beaters, beat butter with cream cheese until light. Beat in sugar. Using wooden spoon, gradually stir in flour and salt. Shape into ball; divide into quarters. Cover each with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 or up to 24 hours (if making ahead, let dough come to room temperature for 20 minutes before rolling).
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Using one quarter at a time and dusting lightly with flour to prevent sticking, roll dough to 9-inch (23 cm) circle. Brush with one quarter of the melted butter. Top with one quarter of the pear, cheese and the walnuts. Cut into 12 pie wedges. Starting at outer edge, roll up each triangle toward point in centre. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Brush lightly with egg and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.