- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- 2 lbs (1Kg) GAY LEA - Hewitt’s Goat Cheese, softened
- 3 lbs (1.5Kg) cream cheese, softened
- 6 baguettes, sliced on the bias ½-inch (1cm) thick
- 1 cup (250mL) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (75mL) basil, dried
- 4 cups (1L) hot red pepper jelly
- Maldon salt, to season
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, on medium speed, cream together, goat and cream cheese until well blended. Refrigerate for service.
- Brush both sides of baguette slices with olive oil and sprinkle one side lightly with dried basil and salt. Place on a sheet pan and bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven, for 10 to 15 minutes, turning halfway through or until golden and crisp; cool completely. Store in an airtight container to preserve crispness.
- To serve, smooth about 1 cup (250 mL) of cheese mixture into a mini ovenproof casserole dish. Top with 1/3 cup (75 mL) of red pepper jelly. Microwave for 40 seconds on high power. Place under the salamander until bubbly. Serve with 6 to 8 slices of crostini.