- Yields: 1 dozen pieces
- Preparation: 25 mins
- 12 pita chips, bite sized
- 1 cup (250mL) pulled pork, with your favourite barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup (60mL) IVANHOE - Con Queso Cheese Sauce
- 1 tomato, diced small
- 1 jalapeño, small, seeds removed, diced finely
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lime juice
- 1 sprig parsley, finely chopped
- 1 sprig cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Scallion and/or red onion, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
InstructionsRecipe created by Chef Matthew Kennedy Pico di Gallo:
- Combine tomato, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, parsley, cilantro and olive oil to taste. Season with salt and pepper and reserve until ready for use.
- Heat pulled pork with favorite barbeque sauce in a small sauce pot. Heat Ivanhoe Con Queso in a small sauce pot or in a microwaveable safe dish.
- Place chips on a serving platter and top with pulled pork. Top pulled pork with Pico di Gallo and drizzle with Con Queso sauce. Garnish with scallion and/or red onion. Serve warm.
- Chef’s Tip
- For a fun family style dinner, increase quantities and serve with tostadas or corn tortillas. Your guests can customize their own. Try pairing Con Queso cheese sauce with other meats, like grilled chicken or grilled flank steak.