- Yields: 4
- Preparation: 80 minutes
- 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup (50mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50mL) green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1 handful linguine, (1 3/4"/ 4 cm across)
- 2 cups (500mL) Nordica 4%
- 1/3 cup (75mL) parsley, finely chopped
- cucumber, for garnish
- Combine tomatoes, oil, onions, lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano and rosemary in small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill 1 hour to blend flavours.
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Rinse in cold water; drain.
- Combine cottage cheese and parsley. To serve, divide pasta among 4 chilled salad plates; top with cottage cheese mixture, then tomato mixture. Garnish with cucumber slices.