- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- 3 tbsp (45mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 cup (250mL) onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) water
- 3 tbsp (45mL) chicken broth, or 2 chicken bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 3 cups (750mL) frozen spinach
- 1/3 cup (75mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) paprika
- 1 tsp (5mL) dry mustard
- 4 cups (1L) Hewitt's - milk
- 4 cups (1L) IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, shredded
- IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, additional shredded for garnish
- In large pot, melt butter on medium high; cook onion, for about 3 minutes or until tender. Add water and chicken broth mix; bring to boil on high heat. Add vegetables; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Whisk flour into milk and gradually pour into pot while stirringwith paprika and mustard. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat. Add Canadian Cheddar and stir until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle additional shredded Cheddar over each serving.