- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 12 oz (375g) enriched linguine pasta
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup (50mL) BLACK RIVER - Parmesan, grated
- 12 oz (375g) boneless chicken breasts, skinless, cut unto bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried basil, or oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 6 cups (1.5L) ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup (175mL) IVANHOE - Mozzarella, shredded
- Cook linguine for 10 minutes or according to package directions; drain well. Return to pot and toss with 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter and Parmesan.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in large non-stick skillet on medium high. Add chicken, basil and garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium; add tomatoes and heat through for 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Divide pasta among shallow serving bowls and spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with Ivanhoe Mozzarella cheese.
- Plum tomatoes are meaty and less juicy than the round variety and are a good choice. If the tomatoes are acidic, stir in sugar to taste.
- Add a touch of green goodness: stir in a couple of handfuls of fresh baby spinach or a scoop of thawed frozen peas with the tomatoes.