- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation: 82 minutes
- 2 lb (1Kg) brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Salted
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic clove
- 1 cup (250mL) mushroom, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175mL) Nordica 2%
- 1 tbsp (15mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250mL) gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup (75mL) Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Salted, melted
- Cut an X in base of each Brussels sprout and cook in pot of boiling salted water for about 7 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again and press out any excess water. Cut any large Brussels sprouts in half. Place in shallow greased 10-cup (2.5 L) casserole dish.
- In skillet melt butter on medium high and cook onion, garlic and mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in cottage cheese and mustard. Remove from heat and add Gruyère cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over Brussels sprouts. Cover and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parsley and butter and stir until moistened. Uncover Brussels sprouts and sprinkle gratin over top. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- After cooking the Brussels sprouts, chill under cold water and drain well. Pat dry and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Excellent source of folate, vitamin C and vitamin D.