- Yields: 10 servings
- Preparation: 115 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup (250mL) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Regular Sour Cream
- 4 cups (1L) fresh strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease loaf pan; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar for 5 minutes or until very light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating for 2 minutes in between each addition. Beat in vanilla. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Using wooden spoon, stir half of flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in sour cream and then remaining flour mixture. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake in centre of oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted deep in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 30 minutes. Remove from pan to cool completely.
- Slice cake. Spray a generous portion of whipped cream over each slice. Spoon generous 1/3 cup (75 mL) of strawberries over them. Top with more whipped cream if desired.
- This textbook-perfect pound cake can be made in either a 4" x 8" (1.5 L) or 5" x 9" (2 L) loaf pan. For best results, have your butter, eggs and sour cream at room temperature before starting.
- This recipe is one of 150 featured exclusively in our cookbook, Our Table.