- Yields: about 72 cookies
- Preparation: 100 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125mL) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups cups (375mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125mL) cornstarch
- 3 tbsp (45mL) lime rind, finely grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lime juice
- 1 cup (250mL) icing sugar, sifted
- Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lime juice and vanilla. In separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, lime rind and salt. Using wooden spoon, gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Transfer dough to floured work surface. Shape dough into two 9-inch (23 cm) logs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, for 1 or up to 24 hours (logs can be frozen for up to 2 months; thaw in refrigerator before baking).
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Slice log into1/4-inch (5mm) thick slices. Place on parchment paper lined baking cookie sheets. Bake in centre of oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
- In small bowl, whisk together lime juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) water and icing sugar. Spread over cooled cookies.