- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl mix egg yolks and maple syrup. Beat until light and fluffy and then set aside.
- In a medium size sauce pan over medium heat combine cream, maple syrup, cinnamon vanilla and bring the mixture up to a boil.
- VERY slowly add cream mixture into egg mixture, and stir well.
- Pour maple cinnamon mixture through a fine sieve then into ramekins, place ramekins in a deep baking dish pouring hot water in the pan until it comes 3/4 the way up the ramekins. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until mixture is set.
- Remove from the pan, wrap with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator. Once chilled, take remaining sugar and lightly sprinkle on the top of your custard. Using a butane fuel torch, lightly caramelize the sugar.
- Keep your butane torch vertical and hold the ramekin slightly on the side and slowly rotate ramekin as you caramelize your sugar. The sugar will run a bit as it toasts. Watch your fingers!