- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup (60mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup (250mL) SALERNO - Mozzarella
- 3 cups (750mL) spaghetti, marinara cooked and leftover
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 meatballs, frozen and thawed
- 3/4 cup (175mL) marinara sauce
- 1 tsp (5mL) oregano, dried (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Liberally grease 12-cup muffin pan.
- Toss together spaghetti, Parmesan and egg. Divide evenly among muffin cups. Press spaghetti up against side of each cup to create divot in the centre. Fill each divot with a meatball and top with sauce.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until set and heated through. Sprinkle with mozzarella; bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted. Let cool in pan for 3 minutes. Serve warm. (Or let cool completely, cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 3 days.)
- Send a fun lunch to school by warming these bites in the microwave, then packing in a Thermos.