- Preparation: 24 minutes
- 8 slices whole wheat or Italian bread, or country white bread, 1/4" (5 mm) thick
- 2 tbsp (30mL) prepared horseradish, drained
- 4 slices roast beef, large
- 8 slices IVANHOE - Old Cheddar
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- Place 4 slices of bread on work surface. Spread evenly with horseradish. Top each with one slice of cheese, slice of roast beef and lettuce leaf. Top with remaining cheese and bread. Spread half of butter over top of bread.
- Place sandwiches, buttered side down, two at a time, in nonstick skillet on medium heat. Spread tops with half of remaining butter. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until underside of bread is golden and cheese has started to melt. Flip sandwiches over; cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer or until underside is golden and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches and butter.
- Hearty roast beef, Cheddar and horseradish sandwiches can be enjoyed grilled or fresh. For a more gourmet experience, experiment with different types of breads.