- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation: 27 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 1 cup (250mL) onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250mL) red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250mL) green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 2 lb (250g) steak, grilling such as eye round, cut into 1/4" (5mm) cubes
- 1 tbsp (15mL) cornstarch
- 1/3 cups (75mL) beef broth, sodium-reduced
- 4 flour tortillas, large
- 2 tsp (10mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups (500mL) IVANHOE - 3 Year Extra Old Vintage Cheddar, shredded
- 1 tub GAY LEA - Fat Free Sour Cream, for dipping
- Melt butter in large, non-stick skillet set over medium-high. Add onion, red and green peppers, and half each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, toss beef with cornstarch and remaining salt and pepper. Add to skillet and stir-fry for 1 minute or until beef is just browned. Pour in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened; remove from heat. Sprinkle cheese evenly over each tortilla. Spoon an equal portion of beef mixture over half of each tortilla; fold tortillas to enclose filling. Wipe skillet clean and return to heat. In batches, heat quesadillas for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until toasted and cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream for dipping.
- Use whole wheat flour tortillas for added fibre.
- Hold toasted quesadillas in a warm oven in between batches.