- Yields: 4
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup (75mL) Nordica Smooth Dips - Roasted Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp (30mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5mL) lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 2 cans (170g) tuna, light chunk and packed in water, drained
- 1/4 cup (60mL) red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) black olives, finely chopped
- 4 pita breads, whole wheat and halved
- 4 lettuce leaves, green
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125mL) cucumber, thinly sliced
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Whisk in 1/4 cup (60 mL) dip until smooth.
- Mash together tuna, onion and olives. Add dressing, stirring to coat evenly.
- Place 4 pita halves on work surface. Spread some of the remaining dip over each half. Top with lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Divide tuna mixture among pita halves and spread to edges; cap with remaining pitas.
- Add a pinch of hot pepper flakes to the tuna mixture or pickled hot pepper rings for a sandwich with some bite.