- Yields: 4 sandwiches
- Preparation: 24 minutes
- 8 slices pumpernickel or Italian bread, 1/4" (5 mm) thick
- 8 slices IVANHOE - Mozzarella, (about 5 oz)
- 16 very thin slices mild genoa salami, (about 3 oz)
- 4 red pepper, large slices, roasted
- 1/3 cup (75mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Salted
- Place 4 slices of bread on work surface. Place 1 slice of cheese on top of each piece of bread. Top each with salami, dividing evenly, slice of red pepper and remaining cheese slices. Top with remaining bread slices. Spread half of butter over top of bread.
- Place sandwiches, buttered side down, two at a time, in non-stick skillet on medium heat. Spread half of remaining butter over top of bread. Cook for about 5 minutes or until underside is golden and cheese has started to melt. Flip sandwiches over; cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer or until underside is golden and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches and butter.
- Excellent source of vitamin B12.