- Yields: 4 to 6
- Preparation: 30 minutes (+ 5 minutes standing time)
- 1 cup (250mL) HEWITT'S - Goat Milk Sour Cream
- 4 oz (125mL) BLACK RIVER - Cheese Chipotle Cheese Log
- 3 tbsp (45mL) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45mL) lime juice
- 3 tbsp (45mL) Tex-Mex Seasoning
- 1 tbsp (15mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- 1 flank steak, about 1 1/2 lb/750 g
- white onion, small and sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 tsp (10mL) lime zest, finely grated
- 1/4 cup (60mL) cilantro, chopped or green onion chopped
- 12 tortillas
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Whisk together oil, lime juice, Tex-Mex seasoning, honey, salt and pepper; reserve 2 tbsp (30 mL) and set aside.
- Spread 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey mixture all over steak; toss onion and peppers with remaining mixture. Scatter onto baking sheet, leaving space for the flank steak in centre of pan.
- Roast vegetables for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat large cast iron or heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Cook steak for about 5 minutes or until browned on bottom; turn over and cook for about 3 minutes or until starting to brown on bottom. Transfer to baking sheet with vegetables.
- Roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into centre of steak registers 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare and vegetables are tender-crisp. Let steak stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sour cream, reserved honey mixture and lime zest. Arrange vegetables and steak on serving platter. Drizzle sour cream mixture over top. Sprinkle with crumbled cheese and cilantro. Serve with tortillas.