- Yields: 4 or 8 fajitas
- Preparation: 32 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 12 oz (375g) boneless chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp (5mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 whole wheat tortillas, (about 7"/18 cm)
- 1 cup (250mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 sweet green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup (250mL) IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In medium bowl, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in microwave. Add chicken, lime juice, chilli powder, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic; mix well and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in oven 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a large non-stick skillet on medium high. Add mushrooms, onion and peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Transfer to bowl. Add chicken strips to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink inside. Return vegetables to skillet; stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Spoon chicken and vegetable mixture into centre of each tortilla and sprinkle with Cheddar.
- Serve with suggested toppings.
- Set out bowls of extra shredded Cheddar, chopped tomatoes or salsa, chopped romaine lettuce and sour cream.