- Yields: 4
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup (175mL) Nordica Smooth Plain
- 1/2 cup (125mL) HEWITT'S - 3.8% Whole Goat Milk
- 1/4 cup (60mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 4 fillets salmon, about 5 oz/150 g each
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15mL) all purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp (30mL) chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) parsley, fresh and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper, cracked
- 4 lemon wedges
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook salmon, turning halfway through, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and almost cooked through. Transfer to plate.
- Meanwhile, whisk together milk, Parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice, flour and garlic. Add to skillet; bring to boil. Return salmon and any accumulated juices to skillet.
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and salmon is cooked through. Transfer salmon to platter. Stir cottage cheese, chives and parsley into sauce and spoon over salmon. Sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve with lemon wedges.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine before making the sauce if desired.