- Preparation: 90 minutes
- 1/2 zucchini, small an green, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1/2 japanese eggplant, small, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1 portobello mushroom cap, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, cleaned and cut into 6 strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cleaned and cut into 6 strips
- 1 yellow onion, medium, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tsp (5mL) seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp (30mL) olive oil
- 6 oz (180g) goat cheese
- 8 garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 tbsp (30mL) fresh herbs (rosemary), chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 7 phyllo dough sheets
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Salted, melted
- Preheat toaster oven to 195ºC (380ºF).
- Combine all cut vegetables in a large bowl. Season with seasoning salt and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to distribute seasoning. Place vegetables on the toaster oven tray in a single layer and roast in toaster oven until vegetables are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. This process may have to be repeated twice to get all vegetables cooked. Remove and cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, roasted garlic, all fresh chopped herbs and pepper. Using a hand mixer, mix cheese mixture until smooth and all herbs are well distributed.
- Combine roasted vegetables and goat cheese. Carefully mix to distribute the cheese.
- Place a sheet of phyllo dough on a clean working surface. Brush with melted butter. Place another sheet of dough over and brush it with butter again. Repeat process with remaining phyllo sheets.
- Place cheese with vegetables lengthwise down one side of buttered phyllo sheets. Tightly roll up, tucking in the ends as you go. Brush strudel with melted butter and place on toaster oven tray. Bake on lowest setting until golden brown, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Excellent source of vitamin A, riboflavin and vitamin C.