- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation: 35 minutes
- 1/2 English cucumber, grated
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) black pepper
- 1 1/4 lb (625g) boneless rainbow trout fillets
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Original Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp (30mL) red onion, minced
- 2 tbsp (30mL) capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon zest, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place cucumber in a fine mesh sieve and set over a bowl. Season with half the salt and pepper and let drain for 15 minutes; squeeze dry.
- Meanwhile, arrange trout on a buttered, foil-lined baking sheet; season with remaining salt and pepper. Blend butter with garlic and dot evenly over trout. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine sour cream, cucumber, onion, capers, mint and lemon zest well. Serve on side of roasted trout.
- Substitute mint with chopped fresh dill for a classic flavour combination.
- The creamy cucumber relish can be made ahead and reserved, tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.