- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 12 sage leaves
- 3/4 cup (175mL) Nordica 4%
- 3/4 cup (175mL) canned pure pumpkin
- 2 tbsp (30mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 2 sprigs (30mL) fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 60 round wonton wrappers, about 1 pkg (1lb/500g)
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 3/4 cup (175mL) sodium reduced chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (75mL) toasted walnuts, or pecans, chopped
- Finely chop 4 sage leaves. Mix cottage cheese, pumpkin, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and finely chopped sage.
- Spread 30 wonton wrappers out on clean work surface. Place about 2 tsp (10 mL) of the pumpkin mixture in the centre of each wrapper. Lightly brush egg white around the edge of each wonton. Top each with a second wonton wrapper. Crimp the edges tightly to seal, pushing out as much air as possible.
- Bring a very large pot of salted water to a boil; carefully add the ravioli. Cook, gently stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until ravioli float to the top. Use a slotted spoon to transfer ravioli to plates.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Slice the remaining sage leaves into very thin slivers; add butter and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in broth and bring to boil. Spoon broth mixture over each portion of cooked ravioli. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Season with additional Parmesan to taste. Serve immediately.
- Arrange single layers of filled ravioli, on baking sheets, between pieces of parchment paper. Freeze for 4 hours or until completely frozen; transfer to resealable freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months. Double the cooking time for frozen ravioli.
- Square wonton wrappers can be substituted for round ones.