- Yields: 2 servings
- Preparation: 41 minutes
- 6 oz (175g) linguine, fettuccine or spaghetti
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 tbsp (15mL) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) dried thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp (30mL) white wine
- 1 cup (250mL) HEWITT'S - 35% whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- Cook linguine for 10 minutes or until tender; drain well and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add garlic and shallots, and sauté for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add pancetta and sauté for 20 minutes. Add wine, bring to boil, and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring often, for about 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir cream mixture and eggs into pasta; return to low heat for 2 minutes while tossing to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with Parmesan and serve.
- Pancetta is Italian bacon that is cured, but unsmoked. It is available by the piece or deli sliced at most supermarkets.
- Cooking at home allows you to customize your meals. Create luscious pasta dishes by replacing cream with blended Nordica Cottage Cheese.