- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation: 50 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 3 cups (750mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup (150mL) onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, large, minced
- 1 cup (250mL) arborio or Italian-style rice
- 2 cups (500mL) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125mL) dry white wine, or additional broth
- 1 cup (250mL) IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, grated
- Place butter in 9” (23 cm) square glass baking dish. Microwave on high. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Stir to coat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken broth and wine (if using). Cook uncovered, until rice is tender (about 20 to 30 minutes), stirring once halfway through cooking. If rice isn’t moist enough, add more broth towards the end.
- Remove from microwave. Stir in Old Cheddar. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley if desired.
- Make it a meal by adding chunks of grilled chicken, fresh tender-crisp steamed asparagus and roasted cherry tomatoes to the cooked risotto.