- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation: 26 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) macaroni
- 4 cups (1L) broccoli florets, small
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 1/4 cup (50mL) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) dry mustard
- 1 tbsp (15mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5mL) Louisiana-style hot pepper sauce
- 1 pkg (500g) Nordica 2%
- 1/4 cup (50mL) HEWITT'S - milk
- 1 cup (250mL) IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125mL) fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Cook macaroni for 8 minutes. Add broccoli during final 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large non-stick, ovenproof skillet, melt half of butter over medium heat; add onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire and hot pepper sauces; cook for 1 minute. Add cottage cheese and milk. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, until cheese melts slightly and sauce is bubbling. Remove from heat and gradually stir in cheese until melted.
- Toss hot pasta and broccoli with sauce; stir until well coated. Spread evenly in casserole dish. Melt remaining butter and toss with breadcrumbs; sprinkle over macaroni. Broil on middle rack for 4 to 5 minutes or until crumbs are toasted.