- Preparation: 20 minutes
- 12 oz short pasta, such as farfalle (bowtie)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 2 cups (500mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) black pepper
- 1 cup (250mL) red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 oz (45g) prosciutto slices, (about 3 thin slices), torn
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (500mL) Nordica 4%
- 1 tsp (5mL) lemon zest, finely grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Cut asparagus into 1/2” (4 cm) lengths. Add asparagus to the pasta water during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large, nonstick skillet on medium high. Add mushrooms, pepper flakes and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add red onion, prosciutto and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add hot cooked pasta, asparagus and cottage cheese to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until heated through and well coated. Stir in lemon zest just before serving.