- Yields: 4 servings (or 2 cups/500 mL)
- Preparation: 34 minutes
- 3 sweet potatoes, (about 2lb/1kg)
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Coconut Whipped Topping
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) ground cumin
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork or paring knife. Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes or until very soft. Cool just until easy to handle
- Scrape potato flesh from skins into a bowl; discard skins. Mash well with a fork. Stir in lime juice, onion, cumin, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Fold coconut whipped cream into sweet potato mixture until combined. Serve immediately.
- Sweet potatoes can be cooked ahead and rewarmed before mixing with remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with toasted coconut.