- Preparation: 135 minutes
Herb Marinated Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup (125mL) olive oil
- 2 sprigs sage, stems removed
- 2 sprigs basil, stems removed
- 1 sprig rosemary, stems removed
- 5 sprigs thyme, stems removed
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 1/4 bunch parsley, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 chicken breast, boneless, skinless, horizontally sliced in half
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 red peppers, whole
- 1 yellow pepper, whole
- 2 tsp (10mL) olive oil
- 18 oz (310mL) chick peas, drained and thoroughly rinsed
- 6 oz (180mL) tomato salsa
- 1 avocado
- 1 oz (30mL) green olives, pits removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp (30mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45mL) GAY LEA - Regular Sour Cream
- 2 tsp (10mL) lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1 tbsp (15mL) olive oil
- 3 oz (100mL) Saint André cheese
- 1 rosemary focaccia bread loaf
InstructionsHerb Marinated Chicken Breasts
- In blender, combine olive oil, herbs and garlic. Blend until herbs reach a consistency of a pesto. Place chicken breasts in sealable bag with herb marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat indoor grill to 230ºC (450ºF).
- Remove marinated chicken from bag and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook 4-5 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
- Keep warm until ready to use.
- While the chicken is marinating, preheat a toaster oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Drizzle whole peppers with olive oil and place in the toaster oven. Roast peppers for 30 to 40 minutes, or until peppers are nicely roasted and skin has separated from the flesh. Remove roasted peppers from toaster oven and immediately transfer to a plastic bag and seal. Allow peppers to cool in bag.
- When peppers have cooled, remove from plastic bag. Remove seeds and skin, using paper towel. Set aside until ready to use.
- Combine chick peas, tomato salsa, avocado, green olives, garlic, olive oil, Sour Cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper in food processor and pulse until puréed.
- Preheat electric skillet to 180ºC (350ºF). In hot skillet, sauté julienne of red onion in olive oil until well caramelized. Cut rosemary focaccia bread in half. Toast on indoor grill. Spread onions on bottom portion of bread. Place grilled chicken over onions and top with chunks of Saint André cheese and roasted red pepper. Spread top portion of loaf with a generous serving of hummus. Replace top half of loaf on sandwich. Cut into six portions and serve.
- Excellent source of niacin and vitamin C.