- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation: 4 hours and 20 minutes
- 1 lb (500g) lean ground beef, or extra lean, or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cups (1.25L) pasta sauce
- 1 tub Nordica 2% or Salerno Traditional Ricotta Cheese
- 3 cups (750mL) SALERNO - Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup (175mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 14 - 16 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Brown beef with onion in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat, crumbling with a spoon. Drain off fat if desired and stir in pasta sauce. Stir cottage cheese with 2 cups (500 mL) mozzarella and 1/2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) meat sauce into the bottom of a slow cooker crock. Top pasta sauce with 3 to 4 noodles (depending on the size of the noodles), breaking noodles and overlapping as needed to make an even layer. Top with 1 cup (250 mL) meat sauce and 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat noodle-sauce-cheese layers twice. Top with a final layer of noodles and remaining sauce.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and cook for 5 additional minutes or until melted.
- Replace the ground beef with Italian pork sausages for a richer lasagne.