- Yields: 4
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 1 lb (500g) extra lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 tbsp (15mL) chili powder, mild
- 1 tbsp (15mL) ground cumin, mild
- 1 can (398mL) no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250mL) salsa
- 1/2 cup (125mL) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Gold Premium Sour Cream, or regular sour cream
- 1 cup (250mL) long grain rice, cooked
- 2 singles (18g) IVANHOE - Nothing But Cheese Monterey Jack, coarsely crumbled
- green onions, chopped
- Brown beef with cumin and chili powder in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- Add black beans, salsa and corn; cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and sour cream; cook stirring often for 5 minutes or until hot throughout. Serve beef mixture in bowls topped with Nothing But Cheese and green onions.
- For a restaurant quality presentation, line bowls with lettuce and garnish with chopped avocado and additional sour cream and salsa.
- Replace the long grain rice with quinoa or farro.
- For a vegetarian option, omit the meat and start with the black beans mixed with cumin and chili powder.