- Yields: 6
- Preparation: 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) Nordica Smooth Plain
- 1 cup (250mL) IVANHOE - Smoked Gouda, shredded
- 2 tbsp (30mL) canola oil
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless skinless and finely chopped
- 8 oz (250g) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) salt
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125mL) white wine
- 3 cups (750mL) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250mL) orzo pasta
- 3 cups (750mL) baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon juice
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook chicken for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to skillet; cook for about 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Pour in wine; cook, scraping up any browned bits, for about 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Add broth and bring to boil.
- Stir in orzo; cook over low heat for about 20 minutes or until orzo is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in spinach and cottage cheese; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Gouda and remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Orzo is a small pasta, shaped like rice, that’s perfect to use in soups, salads and side dishes.