- Yields: 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 cauliflower head, large
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 1 cup (250mL) chicken broth, or vegetable
- 1/2 cup (125mL) white wine
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Gold Premium Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup (125mL) SALERNO - Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup (50mL) parsley
- Trim cauliflower and separate into florets. Working in batches as needed, pulse florets in a food processor until it resembles rice. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent.
- Stir in cauliflower, broth and wine; bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 18 to 20 minutes (or until cauliflower is tender and most of the liquids are absorbed). Reduce the heat to low and add sour cream; stirring until smooth and creamy. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and parsley. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Cauliflower Risotto can be made ahead and transferred to an 8-cup (2 L) baking dish. Sprinkle top with a little extra Parmesan cheese. Warm in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until warmed through.
- This risotto can be made with Gay Lea Lactose Free Sour Cream. For those who cannot tolerate regular Parmesan cheese, omit or use a lactose-free variety.