- Yields: 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation: 35 minutes
- 1/3 cup (75mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Salted
- 1 cup (250mL) fresh breadcrumbs, coarse
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb (500g) fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125mL) chicken or vegetable stock
- Melt 2 tbsp (25 mL) of butter in skillet on medium heat; add breadcrumbs.
- Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are toasted and golden. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Melt 3 tbsp (45 mL) of butter in skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add green beans; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Pour in stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 8 minutes or until beans are almost tender. Uncover and cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and beans are tender. Stir in remaining butter until well glazed.
- Transfer beans to serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted breadcrumbs.
- Good source of folate.