- Yields: 12 servings
- Preparation: 118 minutes
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (15mL) honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15mL) fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 2 lb (1Kg) butternut squash, peeled
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cups (1L) Nordica 4%
- 3/4 cup (175mL) HEWITT'S - milk
- 3/4 cup (175mL) chicken stock
- 9 oz (275g) fresh lasagna noodles
- 5 oz (150g) gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125mL) walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Cut squash into ½” (2 cm) cubes. Toss with half the melted butter, honey, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper until well combined. Spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast, turning occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until very tender. Cool slightly; combine with cottage cheese, milk, chicken stock and Gorgonzola.
- Reduce heat to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 9” x 13” (3 L) casserole dish. Spread one quarter of squash mixture evenly in dish. Cover with an even layer of noodles. Repeat layers of cheese and noodles twice. Spread the remaining cheese mixture evenly over the noodles.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, toss breadcrumbs with walnuts, parsley and remaining butter; sprinkle evenly over lasagna. Broil for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Rest for 20 minutes before slicing.