- Yields: 6
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup (60mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups (500mL) SALERNO - Deluxe Cheese Mozzarella, shredded
- 4 cups (1L) cauliflower florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 2 lb (1Kg) tortellini
- 2 cups (500mL) broccoli florets, small
- 2 cups (500mL) chicken, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup (175mL) peas
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Steam cauliflower for about 10 minutes or until extremely tender but not mushy. Transfer to food processor; add Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini in large pot of boiling, salted water until tender, adding broccoli during the last 2 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking water.
- Toss together tortellini, cauliflower sauce and reserved pasta water. Stir in chicken, mozzarella and peas. Transfer to greased 13- x 9-inch (3 L) casserole dish.
- Toss together bread crumbs, mozzarella, parsley and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown.
- Omit chicken for a vegetarian-friendly entrée.