- Yields: 20 bars
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) coconut, toasted
- 2 tbsp (30mL) cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups (325mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (175mL) icing sugar
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- Beat butter with icing sugar, extract and salt for 3 minutes or until very light and fluffy.
- Sift flour with cornstarch; beat into butter mixture just until combined. Fold in coconut.
- Chill dough for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Scoop cookies, using a rounded 1 tbsp (15 mL) measure or level small cookie scoop onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- To toast coconut, spread on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Toast in a preheated, 325°F (160°C) oven, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden.
- Store cookies, layered between parchment paper in an airtight container, for up to 3 days or freeze for 1 month.
- Drizzle cookies with melted white or dark chocolate and garnish with additional toasted coconut.