- Yields: Makes about 30 cookies
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (150mL) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75mL) cornstarch or rice flour
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup (250mL) chocolate nougat bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C).
- Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light. In separate bowl, combine flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt. Using wooden spoon, gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate nougat pieces.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Bake in centre of oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden around edges. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely.