- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 1 hour (+ 5 minutes cooling time)
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Lactose Free Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) granulated sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250mL) bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175mL) pecans, chopped toasted
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 cup (60mL) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease Bundt pan and set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat 1 cup (250 mL) sugar with butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Beat in bananas, sour cream and vanilla. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gently fold into banana mixture just until combined.
- In small bowl, toss together remaining sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the mixture into prepared pan. Top with half of the batter; repeat layers.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely. Sprinkle with icing sugar. (Can be covered tightly and stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.)
- To toast pecans, scatter in an even layer on large baking sheet and bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until fragrant. Let cool completely before chopping.