- Yields: 16 squares
- Preparation: 70 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (50mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50mL) raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon rind, grated
- 1/4 cup (50mL) fresh lemon juice
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Line 8-inch (2L) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Using wooden spoon, gradually stir in flour. Press dough evenly into prepared pan. Bake in centre of oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat; immediately spread jam over. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, flour, lemon rind and juice. Pour evenly over crust. Bake for about 25 minutes or until topping is set and sides are just starting to turn golden. Let cool completely on rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.