- Yields: 20 squares
- Preparation: 55 minutes
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 1/4 cup (50mL) smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (75mL) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3/4 cup (175mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125mL) corn syrup
- 2 tbsp (30mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125mL) unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup (125mL) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Beat butter, peanut butter and sugar in bowl until creamy. Mix in flour, cornstarch and salt until well combined and crumbly. Press evenly into bottom of buttered 8” (20 cm) square baking dish. Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until pale golden around edges; set aside.
- Stir together corn syrup, cornstarch, baking powder and salt until smooth. Stir in butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour over crust. Sprinkle peanuts, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips over top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and just set in centre.
- Let cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into 1 1/2” (4 cm) squares.
- Recipe doubles easily to fill a 9” x 13” (3 L) baking pan.