- Yields: Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, softened
- 1 cup (250mL) crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (175mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175mL) dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50mL) sriracha sauce
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125mL) chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- granulated sugar, additional for rolling
- Beat butter with peanut butter, granulated and brown sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and Sriracha sauce until well combined.
- Stir flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Mix into butter mixture, on low speed until combined. Stir in ginger (if using). Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Roll rounded tablespoonfuls chilled dough into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) balls. Roll in sugar. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten balls with a fork, making a cross-hatch pattern.
- Bake in batches for 12 to 13 minutes until edges just begin to brown. Do not overbake. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- For a traditional chewy peanut butter cookie, replace Sriracha sauce with 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract and omit ginger.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.