- Yields: Makes 24 cookies
- Preparation: 105 minutes
- 3/4 cup (175mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125mL) walnuts, finely chopped
- Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in maple syrup. In separate bowl, combine flour and walnuts; using wooden spoon, gradually stir into butter mixture.
- Transfer mixture to lightly floured work surface. Shape dough into 2 logs about 1½" (4 cm) in diameter. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Slice log into ½" (1 cm) thick slices. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake in centre of oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on pan on racks.