- Yields: 5
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Blend Smooth cottage cheese, mascarpone cheese and icing sugar (if using) together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the filling between the cones and garnish with additional chocolate chips. Top with whipped cream (if using) just before serving.
- Salted Caramel Toffee Cannoli: Replace the Smooth Vanilla with Salted Caramel flavour. Replace the chocolate chips with toffee bits.
- Lemon-Strawberry Cannoli Cones: Replace the Smooth Vanilla with Lemon flavour. Replace the chocolate chips with 2 ripe strawberries, finely chopped.
- Filling can be made ahead, spoon into a zip top bag and reserve in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To serve, simply cut the corner of the bag to squeeze into the cones.
- For an elegant look, transfer filling to a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe into the cones.
- For even more glamour, dip the top of the cones in melted chocolate chips and sprinkle with chopped pistachios or coloured sprinkles. Let set before filling.