- Yields: 6
- Preparation: 25 minutes (+ 2 hours chilling time)
- 1 cup (250mL) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup (60mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5mL) orange zest, finely grated
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 cup (175mL) HEWITT'S - Goat Milk Sour Cream
- 4 oz (125mL) soft goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) HEWITT'S - 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60mL) honey, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30mL) pistachios, chopped and shelled
- In small saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine cranberries, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon stick and 1/4 cup (60 mL) water; bring to boil.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until mixture has thickened and cranberries have popped. Discard cinnamon stick. Let cool completely. (Can be covered tightly and refrigerated for up to 3 days.)
- Using electric mixer, beat together sour cream, goat cheese, 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey and vanilla until smooth and creamy. In separate bowl, beat cream until it holds soft peaks; beat in remaining honey until it holds stiff peaks.
- Gently fold sour cream mixture into whipped cream mixture just until combined. Spoon into 6 dessert bowls or footed glasses. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Stir chutney; spoon over mousse. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pistachios.
- For even more holiday-themed spirit, add peppermint extract as well as the vanilla.